Monday, January 10, 2011

Snow Day

It's a Snow Day in Atlanta. Schools are closed, my car repair shop has the owner in answering the phone and that's it. The Atlanta Roadway freight terminal is closed today due to snow so my glass won't be delivered till tomorrow (as a result, the piece from my new series that I need to make and photograph for my Buyer's Guide ad--due Wednesday--won't get done today). I am continually amazed how 3" of snow can completely shut down a city this size. I am betting that the businesses that are open today are running with seriously diminished staffing. Might be fun to go to Publix just to see.

Ah well, enough chatter. It may be a snow day, but I still have work to do; kilns to fire, emails to send, serfs to whip (just kidding--Judy's off today).

2 comments:

Bill said...

Better a snow day than a lava day, no?

Dee said...

we've got about 6" up here on my side of snowlanta ;) and remember, a)there's less than a dozen plows for the entire atlanta area and b)local drivers are a major danger to themselves and others rather than just a major nuisance...