Monday, January 01, 2024

Happiest New Year!


In years past I would have posted about resolutions and changes. This year I'm blowing past all of that and jumping right into the first project of the year... The Coat! 

For Christmas this year I gave Dave two bison hides, a copy of the Frontier Scout and Buffalo Hunter's Sketch Book, and a promise: A custom-made bison robe coat by mid-January. As I was making the pattern yesterday, I decided to chronicle my progress here. 

So why a bison robe coat? Well, Dave has embraced his new inner Montanan, and saw a picture of the coats made by Merlin's Hide Out on the web. Merlin's made the bison robe coats worn by Kurt Russell in Quentin Tarentino's movie the Hateful Eight. But he didn't want anyone to buy him one, and I (of course) decided that it would be much more fun to make it than buy it anyway!

Though I would love to get into more details, I need to actually go work on it. Tune in tomorrow (really) for initial pics and process!

1 comment:

Bill said...

Good for you and great for Dave! I hope it turns out to be as warm as it looks!