Tuesday, December 19, 2023

A Rural Life

Grey Beast and Scoot Scoot
Pomeranian sleeping on my slipper as I get in a quick post before heading into Missoula for banking and shopping. Going to take the Grey Beast today so I can haul a tool cabinet from Harbor Freight and a chair from Furniture Row. Hope she starts. The Beast is a 1989, 4WD, Ford F150 that I bought from a friend last year so I could Haul Sh*t (including a horse trailer). It turns out to be very useful as it is also the vehicle we are using to truck the garbage from the house down to the bear-proof (saying that never gets old) garbage can at the end of the drive. It's about a 20 minute walk down the drive (no, really... well, maybe only 15), so hauling the bags on foot one at a time is Not Feasible. 

Hoar frost
The world outside my window is also still grey this morning, and the hoar frost is even longer. Makes me just want to cuddle up in a chair with a cozy blanket and read all day, but not today. Today I go to the Big City for supplies. Polson has Safeway and Super One for groceries, Ace and Western Building Supply for Hardware, and WalMart and Murdoch's Ranch and Home Supply for everything else. If you need anything else, you go to Kalispell or Missoula for Home Depot, Lowe's, Target, Costco, Harbor Freight, Butterfly Herbs (not all destinations have to be big box stores), etc.

Still need to shower, set up the printer for Jessie, and get the truck defrosted and warmed up, so I had best finish my coffee and get to it. Got a lunch date and an afternoon visit to old friends to set up too.



1 comment:

Bill said...

I'm glad that you're going to take the truck instead of risking having to outrun a grizzly...