Tuesday, September 26, 2017

A Change In the Weather

Fall is here, and I can feel the weather changing. It's not just that it started raining this afternoon and is still coming down strong. It's not just that the temperature has dropped about 10 degrees since last week. No, it's those things and the smell of pumpkin spice (real or imaginary) in the air. October is knocking on the door and bringing Halloween with it. Then it'll be time to think about Thanksgiving and enjoying the first of the big holiday breaks. The day after Thanksgiving signals the beginning of the Christmas season with Christmas music and the hunt for the perfect Christmas tree. Oh I've heard that new Christmas music has already been released for this year, but that's just madness. But fall? I am ready for fall. Falling leaves, falling temps, night falling earlier... Even though it's 72 degrees in Austin right now, I still thought of having a fire tonight because everything but the temperature is screaming FALL!

I'm weirdly caught up on my to-do list (I hope I didn't just curse myself by saying that) so I'll spend the rest of the evening working on the pre-workshop tutorial Ricky Frank sent out for the enameling class I'm taking next month at Arrowmont. Too bad I didn't get a picture for the 365 project before it got so dark. Now I'll have to prowl the house looking for a good subject that embodies today.

3 comments:

Bill said...

Autumn. You don't want to fall.

ellen abbott said...

yep, the signs are there...pampas grass is blooming as are the rain trees. the tallows are dropping their multi-colored leaves.

Brenda Griffith said...

My favorite honey is tallow tree. I bought some at HEB to have with a brie cheese and it was AMAZING!